Monday, June 1

Today was not a good day

Today I caused more work than I helped with I think. Literally every moment of my day thusfar has been a complete and totally "augh... really??" moment. I cannot color correct still, my data entry had a few off points, and I nearly crashed an entire file. Thankfully all was corrected by the time I left, but still, if I could just get this color correcting down the first time, no one would have to follow through and double check all my work, basically doing the work a second time because I couldn't get it right the first time.

Just an off day at the office I suppose.

After that, I attempted to get the final majorly broken piece of my car repaired. I was told I would be called when it was done, give or take an hour. Two and a half hours later with no phone call, I just went back and checked it out myself. The "customer service attendant" was a dbag, but at least apologetic for never calling me. I paid and tried to leave only to find my car trapped between a brick wall and a Penske moving truck. After finally moving the truck, I tried to leave a second time, making it not even a quarter mile down the road before realizing my car was making its own right hand turns without my consent. I U-turned back, and when I walked in again I was met with an "oh no, what's missing?" I told him my car was pulling drastically to the right, and he smacked his forehead and said "ohmygoshright, I knew there was a reason I meant to call you, and why you didn't get a timely phone call... you need an alignment, and we didn't want to do it without your consent." Keep in mind, please, that I had the exact same part replaced at the exact same Firestone in March but on the right rear of my car (today we fixed the left) and I did not need an alignment in March. The alignment was going to cost me the better part of $85, but beacuse it was his own fault that I didn't get it the first time (and nearly ran into a guardrail and a stopsign before getting back there) he gave me a discount. I couldn't understand why I needed an alignment this time, and why I had to pay for it when they clearly did it to my car - apparently the part I needed is standardized by the manufacturer, and there is a 50/50 chance that I would have needed an alignment the first time too, I just managed to only need the one this time. Awesome. After waiting another 45 minutes, I was informed that my car has an immoble part within the steering column, and my alignment would always pull just a little to the right (I was already well aware of that slight pull and it's never bothered me, yet always bothered Kyle when he drove my car) -- the only way to fix that and have a totally aligned car would be to replace the entire steering column system. No thank you. just over $200 lighter, my car is officially running just peachy for being 18 years old.

In other news, the Now Hiring is still a joke, but I was just offered my old job back at Sears, which, after dropping that much on my car, I am graciously accepting. I will now be interning mornings and weekends and working week nights. I need the cash, so I can't complain.

In other other news, Kyle is almost completely moved into the apartment. I promise a massive post of before and after pictures as soon as I get another free chance - right now I have to run to the firehouse to do my firefighting duty of photographing training night.

0 people like it sassy:

Post a Comment