Thursday, June 11

Old Odd and Unique

... is my new favorite vintage and antique store in all of Binghamton. I have yet to find one that I feel so invited into, and that I could get lost in for hours on end. There was stuff in every nook, there were even swords when you walk in the door! There were antique guns and old photo albums and oh my gosh an entire wardrobe of Brownie cameras and old chemicals (think: traveling dark rooms with intense "dangerous: do not inhale" chemicals and mercury) and other awesome stuff I couldn't get enough of. There was a piece of a gun that would make the most amazing paperweight / conversation piece that I want real bad. I also fell in in love with an old medical kit with the original bandaids and the like in it - it just smelled terrific!

But, what I really did splurge on (and by splurge, I mean haggled from $20 to $17) was the best vintage find I've found in probably years (not since my vintage black fancy-outting purse):It still works too! I cannot wait to shoot some pin up shots with this little baby. I couldn't be happier, and I certainly know where I'm doing the majority of my prop-shopping for the fall now.

If you're ever in Binghamton, check out Old, Odd, and Unique. (ps, their website advocates First Friday and the other little quirks of Bing that I adore - go figure! it was meant to be.)

2 people like it sassy:

Gracie-Lou said...

That's so neat! Will we be able to go on Friday? :D

Shanna McKay* said...

if they're open, absolutely! I wanna get the gun piece, so that's an excellent excuse haha

Post a Comment