Thursday, June 11

Oh and one more thing

For the sake of consistency: yesterday I worked in the afternoon (after my vintage fun) from 1-4, then we had a shoot in Bainbridge (little league). Almost as soon as we started shooting, the camera battery died. Not thinking twice, we went to the camera bag, only to find we left the two other batteries on the charger... 45 minutes the other direction at work. There was only one back up battery, and it hadn't been charged in probably a year because we didn't think it held a charge well. That one battery saved our asses. If it hadn't worked, we would have had to reschedule the whole thing. Thankfully, the last two tball teams didn't show up and we got done and booked before anyone could ask us to take more pictures.

Turns out the battery charger is completely shot, so we had to make a special stop to get a new one.

Also yesterday, Sears decided to call me last minute to cover a shift. I had a huge Office Space moment: no, I am not actually required to be there on their beck and call. As soon as I realized that I am totally allowed to have a life (oh and school-related priorites right now) outside of Sears, a huge weight lifted and I feel so much better about working there. I don't have to change my schedules, if they change them without warning, I don't have to be there at the drop of a hat. I had to be at the shoot last night because I made a commitment since I was't originally scheduled at Sears. I told them I'd never ditch a shift as long as I had it in the first place, and if I'm not doing anything, obviously I'd be willing to take on some extra hours.

This last minute stuff has got to stop, I did not sign up for it, and I refuse to play by those rules.

1 people like it sassy:

Gracie-Lou said...

Rebel!

Post a Comment