Friday, June 19

Good Food

Not much to chit chat about. Sears has been increasingly less stressful since my revelation. I got to sleep in today since I have Fridays off from interning, so that was ridiculously refreshing. There has been little change in the regular rotation of work at internship - I apparently made a lot of mistakes on the last VCC league I did, which I feel bad about but can't understand; I didn't do anything different, but I guess I made the individuals too dark. Augh, still learning, I'll get it consistantly soon enough.

I cooked dinner for myself the other night. I made my own tomato basil and mushroom sauce; someone be proud of me. I'm finally learning how to cook!My friends and I went to the sushi restaurant Sake Tumi last night. I've never had sushi before, at least not real, good sushi. Yunhee made me try some she hand made once, and I was disgusted, so needless to say I was nervous about this adventure.Oh man. We got soy beans as an appetizer, which I didn't expect to love quite as much as I did. I got a Philadelphia Roll (crab, cream cheese, avocado, and something I can't pronounce rolled in sticky rice) and it was delicious. I couldn't have been happier with my first sushi choice. I tried a little bit of just about everyone elses' but mine was perfect.I can't wait to go back, the serving size was perfect and I felt good after eating it, like genuine energy and not just a sugar burst. If I could afford it, I'd make healthier decisions like this more often. Well made fresh stuff is defintely high on my list of favorite foods, but I don't usually get it unless my dad makes it. I'm dreading paying $3000 for Caz cafe food in the fall. I don't have that kind of money to just spend on food I don't want to eat in the first place.

0 people like it sassy:

Post a Comment