Tuesday, June 22

So Productive!!

And expensive. I spent too much money I don't actually have in order to support my business. Here's to hoping things start picking up. The steady work is nice, but I'd prefer it to be set in stone steady. I suppose that's the risk I take by being independent. 

I purchased my domain name, and upgraded Wix. That way I had a website name secured to make new business cards & post cards in time for next week's show. I'll be working on the website for the next week, solid. You'll know as soon as it's officially launched!

Took Vista for all the free stuff it was worth, and still dropped about $60 including photo uploads, tax, and shipping. Post its (free), return address labels (free), a new stamp (free), post cards for the Merlins show (paid for personal photo uploads), and new business cards (again, paid for the photos) with the new email and website.

Oh yeah that too! Today I have created an official "work" email now: 
ShannaMcKayPhotography@gmail.com!!! 
(hire me, bitchez.)
Real creative stuff, huh?

I also ordered books to sell at the show, picked up a battery grip and second battery for the Canon*baby, returned cans & bottles for Zumba & tattoo funding (they go hand in hand), vacuumed my car, and signed up for Women's "Family Planning Medicaid." It's a snazzy way of saying I get an annual doctor's appointment and my birth control for free (or super cheap). I was sort of thrilled about finding an option since I lost health insurance after graduation. 

I also sent out 2 emails regarding wedding bookings, and got a referral for more senior portraits. I love that people are interested, I'm just dying to nail down solid dates so I can plan further than 2 weeks in advance as far as bills!!
Life is happening, I'm keeping up, & it's sort of amazing.
Sorry I've sucked with photos lately -- I hope I'll shoot more at Warren's.
Hope everyone else had such a productive Tuesday!

0 people like it sassy:

Post a Comment