Saturday, June 26

Beefcakes, I've missed you guys so so much

SO much to update on, but frankly, I don't wanna get deep into details. So instead, JUST PICTURES!! (yeah, ok, like I can possibly not ramble in between them..)

First night, I made quiche!!! I don't recall if I've ever even had quiche, but the recipe was easy enough, and I was hungry. It was delish, such a successful first try (took 40 mins longer than the recipe said, but I suppose that happens...)

Tough gig, everyone sleeps just as much as I stare at my computer - at least they don't need constant entertainment, that's a serious bonus. Been brushing out TinTin, he's shedding undercoat in huge clumps. Lyra has taken a likin to me, and Toby cuddled last night on the bed. 

Then, hmm, Jill came for a visit, and made me lunch: stirfry (& Pocky & NanNan & I made edemame - yummmm)
[yes, that says "Starfish, Star+Fish."]


Nige had a show last night in Caz, so Hanners came out to meet us. Clinked wine glasses with now ex-professors, got Kim's number for emergencies (who knew she lived right down the street from Warren??) & discussed how we're all doing. Turns out Hanners and I are kicking ass in the post-grad thing. It's only been 5 weeks?? It literally feels like a year since graduation. Nige's f*bombs made me feel like an adult ha how ridiculous.  It really feels good to be artist-peers, no longer under some hierarchical student-teacher situation. I love that about Caz; you become friends and family, not just a mentor you had once upon a time.

After the show, we went to the Saucy Swan fiiiinally - a goal we had hoped to attain before graduation. Manning was severely missed. Food was tasty (a bit pricey for our broke asses) but they do sell shirts, so we'll be going back for those as soon as one of us hits it big. Chased some ducks after dinner, chitchatted up a schwan, and called it a night. Those girls have big girl jobs and had to get home in time for them.

I had senior portraits to wrap up, and a headache brewing. Read for a while (ps, Water for Elephants is wonderful so far) and passed out as soon as I got Toby his blood pressure dosage and the other furries fed.

BUT - Senior portraits are all done! She's so gosh darn pretty.

Talked to Anita last night about shooting some photos of Martin tomorrow, looking forward to a little unexpected income and hopefully a beautiful day (currently: raining. boo.)

Whew, and tonight - dinner and mini shopping with Miss Laur. I have missed her like mad.
The rest of the night is devoted to sorting photos for the website.
Weekend bar-time will resume, some day.
I am so exciting.

Oh ps, earlier this week, these became mine.

In. Love.

0 people like it sassy:

Post a Comment