Saturday, June 19

Always Something More

The past few days have been such a blast. I won't do it justice with this post, just keep that in mind.

Left early Wednesday to go to Warren's house and get the tour of the house & animals & cover all of the bases on what I need to do while I'm there. Tintin is such a sweetheart of a dog and the cats have so much character. I'm sure I'll be snapping pictures away when I'm not glued to my computer. On the agenda for the first week: website, email Ethan for The Cube's new blog, new business cards, postcards for the Merlins show, and any other freebies Vista wants to throw my way, and see Miss Laur Seagull because I miss her so so much. Prior to Warrens I need to wrap up the senior photos and mail them by Tuesday (that's what Sundays are for).

After a delightful lunch with Warren & his wife, I made my way to Liquor City & Things Remembered to pick up the rest of Jill's birthday gift: an engraved flask and a bottle of Patron (of course). Got to Rome after getting mildly lost just after 5 and had lobstah with her fam. Frankly, I'm blanking on the rest of the night because of the food coma. But there was cake. I distinctly remember turning it down (just not a cake person... and I was stuffed.)
(Fancy Face)

(Cake disaster. Worst I've ever seen in real life.)
Thursday was running errands, meeting a race car driver (secret til Dad Day), grocery shopping, hitting up Red Box for the first time, and watching Shutter Island. I was a little miffed by the ending, but I get like that. The movie itself wasn't horrible. We also had a mini adventure for Bootleggers:

This is the booze Jill used to get underage (here in Bing, it was Mikes Hard & Schmirnoff in 6 packs, different strokes ha). It was a search, and you had to ask for them as they were in a cooler behind the counter. Grape and apple were the flavors of choice, but apparently they come in watermelon and strawberry (?) as well. Sickly sweet. Not so tasty warm. 

This place is like Dad Heaven. All of his favorites.

We took a few of these to Syracuse with us to pregame in the parkinglot in between RAIN & Trexx with Gracie and Mike, and they brought Kracken 98proof rum. Ridiculous left overs from their roadtrip to Kate's. Gracie has all of the pictures of the night, so perhaps there will be another update with some when she gets around to loading them.

Trexx was tons of fun, per usual. Gave Jill a good F You for her birthday on stage. So good to catch back up with Mike & Gracie & Hollyanne. Really sad the rest of the Beef clan couldn't join; life happens. I've definitely needed a good dance night outside of Zumba. I forgot how much Trexx contributed to my weekly workout regimen. After was a trip to Denny's for "alll I want is hashbrowns. ... and cranberry juice. Just want cranberry juice and hashbrowns. ... and a biscuit. Not on a biscuit. With a biscuit. No gravy. Cranberry juice, hashbrowns... and a biscuit." So drunk & so cute. (I DD'd, don't give me that look.) Everyone is so happy these days. I am happy for everyone else's happiness, and they for mine. It's all I ever want.

Yesterday I headed back to Binghamton after an odd turn of events. From here I attended the Owego Strawberry Fest with Joy & Erica. mmm shortcake. 

There was a wine tasting tent with cheese so of course I had to pick up some cheddar curds. Joy & Erica are seriously like connected souls, they are so much alike and I can't believe I never introduced them sooner. It was a beautiful night, perfectly cooling down for a street walk. 

Unfortunately, the combo of driving all day, malnourished & dehydrated (I forgot to eat or grab a water bottle before hitting the road... oops. I tried to fix it with wine and shortcake...) led me to a migraine by the end of the night and I called it quits to my bed around 10. Today I'm feeling worlds better, and it's off to Nirchis for a pizza lunch date with Caz's Finest Townies, then meeting my mom at the mall to get my sunglass lens replaced (super scratched. yay warrenty!), then around 4 I plan on making my way to Greene to see some other Caz kiddies at the Boeltz residence for Beer Olympics. 
Should be just a wonderful sunny afternoon all over again. 
I couldn't ask for much more. Just one thing, but not too much.

0 people like it sassy:

Post a Comment