Thursday, June 10

Officially Official.

So who owns their own business? 
That's right.
This kid.

Officially Shanna McKay Photography is a registered business name in Broome County.
This occassion was obviously immediately followed by a trip to Fingerlakes Tattoos to see Dave and make an appointment for the start to my left-arm sleeve. He's just as excited as I am, which is another reason I'm going back to Dave over anyone at Shaman's; I have a sincere appreciation for artists who get jazzed for other artists, as I am one of them (officially!!).
Jill and I will be getting ink on July 1st, the day in between the install and the actual show during First Friday. I couldn't be more thrilled to be going with her for her first, and I am awaiting [patiently kinda] for the pin up rendition of a pirate by Locatelli for when I go with Hannah later in the summer/fall. 

The rest of the afternoon involved Cyber Cafe & chocolate milk & general hanging around til Jill headed back to Rome. Tonight is looking like Merlins with Kevypoo to celebrate (and he has a new shirt, so he's just showing off <3 ) 

All in all, a wonderful day indeed.

Side note update: After the shoot this Sunday in Caz, I'm having dinner with Caz's favorite townies Kaleb & Amanda before going home, and before going to Jill's for bday celebrations next Weds, I'm visiting Warren to get the low down on the pet sitch & homeland layout. 
Yay visits! I love day trips.

3 people like it sassy:

Brittany said...

I'm so proud of you!

And PS - I have skype, so let's make a date now that I can see you from a million miles away... or like only 150. =P

Tony said...

Ok so fun/ slightly upsetting story....I wanted to come home for the show. surprise you by stopping by first friday. I requested it off and was all jazzed about feeding the addiction and going to a grad party. However, work was all poopy and denied the request off because it's too close to the 4th. :( but now that im not coming I can tell you that I was legit planning to.

Shanna McKay* said...

aw Tones it's ok, it's the thought that counts and that's ridiculously sweet of you, suuuch a long trip for a quick time in town!! I'll take pictures, don't you worry <3

Post a Comment