Saturday, May 1

Chaos

I should be out with my friends tonight, as it's the last "official" karaoke night at 'Berts.
Believe you me, I'd much rather be there than in the A&D at 11pm on a Saturday.
I've spent my entire day in the A&D basement, prepared for once to print nonstop, but after a series of unfortunate events including but not limited to sketchy ICT communication and suddenly coming down with a sinus cold, I had three prints done by 9. At least I should be set now; Sean just saved the night with a full roll of paper and 3 ink cartridges. I hope to be out of here no later than 1.

In other news, this week was oddly nostalgic. Next week is finals, I have 2 final projects to wrap up and some paperwork sort of business for Anita, and I can be done. All done with college. I can't quite get my head around that concept.

Highlights of the week included having a glass of wine on the Honors committee, discovering I could curl my hair really cute at this length, Jill's opening, super kind words from Neil about my future and portfolio work, Gracie Lou's capstone performance, and getting ready to install for the Division Award show because, ps, I won the photo division award for "excellence" (although I personally believe there were much more 'excellent' candidates, so I'm incredibly honored to even be in the top grouping). I now have my capstone work going up in the gallery a second time until Graduation, and am in the running for the overall award? I don't understand the particulars, it hasn't exactly been thoroughly described or handled with any sort of discretion. Apparently the judging is Monday? I need to have a presentation ready? Here's to hoping I'm quick on my toes Monday. I'm not displaying the mounted prints, but rather enlarged prints from my book, hence the printing issues all day as I discussed with Nige pretty last minute about what and how I should display...

OH MY GOSH I almost forgot. Amazing highlight of the week: I freaking met Annie Leibovitz! Ok, she glanced at me, but I did get her autograph and heard her speak on Thursday. It was such a photofangirl moment. I have been so busy since that I haven't seriously had time to bask in that moment of awesome, but I intend to plow through her latest book this summer.
Back to busy printing, and after I'm done in the A&D, I have to finish one last Kim project (a week late or so, my bad.) I just got a second wind now that I took some time to collect myself, medicate, and get all my inks in order.
Here's to the last Saturday.
Cheers to my beautiful, celebrating friends

0 people like it sassy:

Post a Comment