Saturday, May 8

Senior Week begins...

Lava was amazing - I want the job of the go-go dancers, it was all super sexy and exotic and amazing and frankly my 4-year degree is just for show compared to how much they probably make in a night.

Bright and early this morning I was jostled up to go white water rafting. I need to make it clear that this has always frightened me, and I was not going to go at all in the first place. All of my friends decided they were though, and I refused to be the wet mop and be the only one not going.
Lauren promised that if I fell out of the boat she'd jump in and save me.

Turns out, I did fall out of the boat. No, rather, I was sucked up, out, and over until I was under the boat in a rapid they lovingly refer to as "The Cruncher" -- we hit it at a bad angle, didn't paddle hard enough, lost our instructor who fell out before me, and just as I was going to grab the outer rope while hitting the deck, I was the one trying to say "Hold on kiddiepoos!" as we started hardcore spinning in this awful washing-machine-esque rapid.
I got out about "Hold on kiddiepo-aughboglogoblaughhnchangblrg *bloop*" before I was under the boat, in the fetal position like they told me to, hoping I was going to come up from air a little faster than I seemed to be. I'm sure I wasn't under all that long, but drowning feels like an eternity. Lauren did try to save me as promised, but her leg was inexplicably wedged under the goofy-ass seats we never used.

The kayak man, Manny, (who also happens to be a raging anti-vegetarian), pulled me to shore and I breathed it off. Thankfully no head-to-rock impact as I was most afraid of, and no injuries past my neck feels strained, so I eventually flopped back into our boat and we all just hoped for the best after that. Apparently no one else had that much trouble with that particular rapid, I have no idea what our issue was. Our instructor was officially 50/50 with that one as of our trip.
I don't love those odds, but we all survived, so no harm no foul.

Now it's time for Pocahontas and naps and perhaps a beer or two before hitting the last karaoke night at Berts.
I still feel a lot like I'm on water. What an odd sensation.

0 people like it sassy:

Post a Comment