Monday, May 17

ohmygosh I'm done.


It didn't really sink in until today.
Senior week was sort of shitty as far as weather goes (and I spent a good chunk of it wrapping up a lot of printing for portfolio and packing/cleaning, so when the sun was outside, I wasn't more often than not) - However to quickly gloss it over, it snowed on Mothers Day and we canceled our trip to Darien Lake, did some community service for Caz Cares on Monday, did a loud and crowded wine tour down Seneca followed by a home cooked dinner of ziti with Kaleb & Amanda on Tuesday, took Wednesday easy until Seniors Bingo where I won a new glassware set that I'm rather thrilled with (I've never had anything nicer than a semi-set of hand-me-downs, and these glasses are snazzy), and Thursday was the Awards banquet where I shared the world's most awkward hug with Nige after being called "Shay-na" three times by Jo Buff in a room full of
people who otherwise know me. Earlier on Thursday I visited Career Services and found some big girl jobs to apply to and wrote out one (in my opinion) pretty spectacular cover letter. I am applying starting tomorrow.

Friday was rehearsal and cd burning and finishing packing and seeing my parents and drinking on the Prez's tab. I didn't go out, it was stressful as hell, and I did not sleep. Not because I was worried or nervous, but because I was surrounded by some of the most ludicrous drama I've ever witnessed. I do not wish to revisit it right now. So moving on...


Saturday was graduation. It was outside. The morning and afternoon were beautiful. The hours we spent sitting in the quad were absolutely frigid. I did not win the Art & Design Award, and neither did the people I felt should have. I am only thismuch bitter, and I'm over it as much as I'm over school. Gracie won a stupendous award, I was so proud. I got called "Sh-anne-uh" this time. Awesome. I didn't cry all day. I couldn't even bring myself to take it all that seriously. I don't think graduation as a reality will really hit me until I don't prepare to go back in the fall. After 16 years of school, I just don't know what I'll do with myself. I hope to have a full time job so I'll be wholly distracted when that moment comes around. Employed and preparing to move in somewhere with some of my bests from school, so it'll be the same feeling either way.

Last night I got to see some of my faves again right away (Micheal, Laur, Jill & Stephen) at the Mr. & Mrs. Syracuse Gay Pride competition at TREXX where I got to watch my amazing and talented (not to mention sexy) drag king Craven More win Mr. Gay Pride! Can't wait to get to Cuse for some of pride week to visit her again and see the great plans she has in store for the community.

So now... ta-da -- diploma with All College Honors & Cum Laude.
Now what?
Be gangsta with Manning, of course.
((ps - I already miss her something fierce.))

0 people like it sassy:

Post a Comment