Wednesday, January 6

Silly Life

"Yeah, I just went into work to pick up some ribs my boss just made, sat and had a beer while I was there."
"Oh yeah, so do you work at a restaurant?"
"Nope, independent photography studio..."

That just happened.
I can't wait to own my own business.

Had lunch with Miss Mama Casey, it's funny how much she misses people now that she's basically a hermit. Now that she's not pressured with school, she has all this free time to spend hanging out and no one else does because we're now going through what she went through last semester. Her and her kitten are cuties though.
Tomorrow, photo shoot with Jordan (hopefully two, one in and one out of drag).
Next week is a doozy:
Monday I need to gather my life together, and maybe see if I can fit in one more shoot.
Tuesday my parents and Kyle are taking me out to dinner for my birthday.
Wednesday is my actual birthday, and since my Dad has bowling and Kyle is at work til late, I can't celebrate with family, so my Mom, Casey, and whoever else wants in, might go to TGIFridays or AppleBees for margaritas til Dad's done, then the pub after
Thursday I get my third tattoo and have lunch with my cousin Eliz.
aaand Friday my friends are apparently throwing me some sort of birthday party, but I refuse to get my hopes up because I don't really like birthdays to begin with.

I don't mind that my family can't hang out on my actual birthday, seeing as how it's inconveniently in the middle of the week, and I'm by far not one of those "I shouldn't have to work today or do anything because it's my birthday" sort of people - sure I'd like to be spoiled a little, but I don't expect anything, it's not a "real" holiday and I sort of think after 21, birthdays just aren't worth getting too pumped about. Maybe that'll change as I get older, I've just never been one to be overly excited for my birthday. I had a really good 16th birthday party, and since then... meh.

Do you like birthdays? If you're one of those people that get jazzed about birthdays, I'd really like to know why. Perhaps I'll change my tune if someone gave me a good reason. Just seeing everyone I love for a solid week will perk me up enough to head back to school the following Monday.

0 people like it sassy:

Post a Comment