Saturday, January 16

Birthday Update :: Pictures!



Katie talked at me through a lobster carcass hand puppet during dinner... happy birthday me!
My actual birthday was spent with my Love for the majority of the day, he gave me this beautiful necklace, gorg pink roses, and a pair of driving gloves (my wheel and stick shift are freeezing this time of year, even after the car heats itself up) -- we then went shopping for a killer Lady Gaga outfit for my party on Friday. After he left to go to work for the night, I went out with my mom, Katie Sann, and my mom's friend Carin to get margaritas at AppleBees. From there, we got Kyle, met my dad at Harry L Pub and enjoyed ourselves for the evening. Scott eventually got to join us, which was a delightful end to the night.

Thursday was my tattoo, compliments of my boyfriend, who is typically against me getting more:

Dave Rubin at Fingerlakes Tattoos on the Vestal Parkway. Nice guy, did a great job matching the size and angle of my original sparrow.

This is how it looks today, a bit more healed (the blue on the right [my left]) - It's a little bit bigger, but I'm not concerned, I think it looks amazing.
Thursday night I shot Mike / McKayla and finished out my night at Merlins with the hometown lovers & some fabulous queens.
Friday, I found myself feeling awful. My dad tore his achilles tendon in his right foot and I had to drive him around for his work errands all morning. I was light headed and dizzy, just not feeling like myself. I wasn't hungry and when I ate I felt like I might lose it. I should have cancelled my party then and there, but I was doing all I could to feel better. This sickness just creeped right up on me - first a cough that didn't feel like "sick" at all, followed a week later with sinus issues, and then began fighting my stomach. I just can't seem to get healthy.

Either way, my friends still came over at 7, and we were all out Gaga. I wish I didn't feel so horrible because they really pulled out the stops.

(Can we discuss Kev's crown & Katie's awesome bow hair? My friends kick ass.)

Apples to Apples (one of my alltime favorite games) got started and within a round I was in the bathroom throwing up my one slice of pizza and half a cocktail. Just out of nowhere. When that didn't let up and I still felt like hell, Katie and Kyle rounded everyone up to move the party (it was only 9 oclock, and they looked fabulous, no reason to lose a whole night) and I died in Kyle's bed for the rest of the night.

Today? Still feeling under the weather, but no where near as terrible as yesterday.
Tonight is a hockey game and (hopefully) some more queens after with my Love and mommy.
Monday it's back to school for me - I've been packing (kinda) for the day, hoping to take tomorrow real easy with just a couple of lunch/dinner things with Erica & Casey, then the night with my Love.

Hope everyone has had a lovely winter break <3

4 people like it sassy:

Gracie-Lou said...

I'm sorry you were sick when your friends came over :( but I am glad that they got all dressed up like it was a British party! Lovely! I miss you! I am going back to Caz tomorrow. See you Monday <333

Caroline said...

I'm sorry you were so sick :(

Everyone did look fab in your photos, including you!

<3

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

Those are the prettiest tattoos I've seen!

♥ Maria-Thérèse blog.afiori.com

Shanna McKay* said...

Why thank you!!

Post a Comment