Thursday, January 28

4 Years.

Just had a very sobering experience reflecting on my work in the last 4 years.

I need to put together a portfolio of work for my Portfolio Prep class with Anita tomorrow, when it hit me: I never found a niche or a cohesive process or style in my 4 years of photo classes. None of my photos in my portfolio make any sense with one another, and I don't have enough of any one "type" to make a separate portfolio. Nothing matches, and most of my favorite / best work came from almost two years ago.

I was reminded why I may not necessarily want to go into a photo-only career field. I love it, and I know I'm not bad at it, but my work suggests that I may not be settled and happy with it anymore. It was one thing that I felt that way, it's another to physically see it all side by side.

Maybe I'm just scared, so nothing looks right.
I'll keep ya'll posted, this could last all semester.

0 people like it sassy:

Post a Comment