Saturday, September 4

Epic.

I'm going to give you the briefest of stories on such an epic night, as best as I can. 
Read set go:
Last night started with 630 sushi and bubble tea with Kevy, Mikey, Zoe, and Jill - it was Kev & Zo's "going away party" that, if I wasn't home, was being thrown for them by them and attended by them alone. Kev is traveling cross country couch surfing and Zo is headed to China for one of those teaching position things. 

Post soosh, Jill and I headed down town Bing for the end of the Art Walk before the galleries closed. We caught some good lookin assemblage pieces and visited with Ethan at The Cube (where we also gathered some little gifts for a future Kate M.F. Sculley care package). 

From State St we wandered back to Lost Dog for an appetizer and "a drink" with Miss ElBotting that I hadn't sat and and caught up with since high school. She's still a hoot. Several drinks later, along with her friend Ann (Anna? I don't remember exactly), Jill and I were going to just go home, but we were coaxed into going to Tranquil, an outskirts of the city bar that I'd never been to, and they were clearly regulars. 

Tranquil is located right behind Binghamton Met's Stadium, and because it was Friday, there were fireworks. They were fantastic and the night was so beautiful - not buggy, or too hot, or even too cold, just a clear night with fireworks. ElBot stole me a wicked cute tiny salt shaker, and bought a pitcher of Yuengling. We grabbed a table outside and enjoyed the night and continued to catch up on everyone we remember from high school. Tony text'd and wanted to join us. 

I don't remember how it happened or how it came up, but out of no where we all decided that we'd never been a strip club, yet two were right up the road from us. Therefore, we grabbed Tony and hit up Tzers and Madame Oar's. Free for us, and even though we played the gay boy card, he still had to pay $10. The actual pole dancing was really impressive, but the girls... pass. Mostly butterfaces as far as I could tell. El & Ann got motorboated, and Tony complained that the girls' "straddles" could and should be a lot better if they just stretched every day

From there, El dropped me off at my car back downtown, and I was going to just take Tony home but I realized it was going on 3am and I was starving. While heading to The Spot, I got pulled over on Front Street. I knew I wasn't speeding, so I was completely unthrilled by the situation. The very polite officer told me my headlight was out. Awesome. 

After a series of super unforuntate events, I awaited his return to my car with my information, and the streetlights are hitting my windshield just enough for me to see a big ol spider crawling across my windshield (rather quickly actually) towards my open window. As quick as I could, I turned my car back on and did my best to hurry the automatic window up, but to no avail. I'm already concerned that the Officer probably thinks I'm trying to drive off by how fast I whipped my car back on, but now I'm geeking out that there's a great big spider somewhere in and around my area of the car... and I'm in a skirt (with an earlier situation going unmentioned for couth). 

Now the Officer is at my window, and I have to quickly explain what just happened - all I really get out is 'Iamsosorrybutnowthere'sahugespiderinmycarthatjustcrawledinthroughthewindow!!!' and, I kid you not, the Officer leaped back away from my car like the spider was about to get him. My geeking was obviously worthwhile. Thankfully, he just gave me a "fix it in 24 hours" ticket and ignored the fact that I clearly had other issues last night.

Angry that I got a ticket just for trying to feed myself, I continued to the diner with the kids anyway even though I'd completely lost my appetite by now. Tony and Jill sensually ate fries. They shared some moments. It was adorbs

Took Tony home and promptly called it a night (morning?) by 330-4ish. Slept for about 4 hours and took my car to deal with the headlight before the post office closed this afternoon. Went back to sleep for a bit, then got Applebees & trounced around the JC Field Days for about 10 minutes. Today's for taking it easy. 

So, recap for those of you who didn't read all that: sushi, bubble tea, ta ta for now's, art, booze, drove El's car, more booze, stolen salt shaker, fireworks, reminiscing, Tony, strippers, pulled over, one spider that is no more thrilled it's trapped in my car than I am, no real ticket, egg and cheese on a bagel, and sleepytime. 

Saw a free Lady Antebellum concert on Thursday, just by the way. It had perks, but the experience was rough til the actual concert. However, I did win a Domo, making up for the Aerosmith concert / Fair sitch.

I might post pictures later, but there isn't a whole lot to share.
Too busy making memories than to take pictures.
Hope you're making some good early fall memories too.

2 people like it sassy:

jillylif said...

lady a was Wednesday and I totally supported your domo winning. just saying.

Shanna McKay* said...

you got me, all the above is true. thanks babe.

Post a Comment