Tuesday, August 31

Always Busy

Somewhere between the small business meeting and today, I attempted volunteering at the local Humane Society, saw Aerosmith, shot mostly nude pregnant photos of my cousin, attended said cousin's baby shower, and saw my queenie Jordan win the Miss Chemung Drag Queen Pageant. I really have no room to complain about my life's activities. 

Can't volunteer until we take the training course, and that won't be offered until October, but you best believe Casey and I will find ourselves there asap for it (and it won't stop us from going, say, this afternoon because Casey wants to donate cat food). 
Aerosmith is old. But they put on a decent show still. Our seats were ungodly far away, but it was so so good to see HannerMuffin again.

My cousin loves getting her picture taken, and her style pregnancy shoot is the sort that I prefer doing, so I'm beyond thrilled that I have some solid advertising photos to work with now. Her baby shower was darling.
And finally, my bffqueen Jordan, aka Miranda Moreae, won the whole shebang Sunday night, and I couldn't be more proud. 

(Sorry it's sideways & dark, I haven't had a chance to edit them at all)
I also got to meet Angel, my employer for the Mr. USofA Pageant -- FINALLY DETAILS!!!:

I am the official photographer for the Mr. USofA Drag King Pageant, taking place September 18th at TREXX in Syracuse NY! It's hosted by the one and only Pandora Boxx (cohosted by local favorite Dusty Boxx) & LOGO TV is supposed to be there, and I'm just wicked excited to be a part of it. Manning is coming into town to see it and I'm renting a hotel room so that everyone can crash with me for the night after the show. It's going to be a blast, the women are going to be handsome and sexy men, and if you're available/in the area, I had best see you out there supporting!


Today is the first day of classes for most colleges (specifically Caz) and frankly, I feel no loss or heartbreak over not getting up at 815 for an 830 class today. Instead, I set my alarm for 830, crawled out of bed at 9, made some coffee, and have been working on my ad for the Mr. USofA Pageant ever since. 

My own coffee mug. My own advertisement. In my own command center green Salvy chair. No grades or bra required.
I love my real world too much to miss classes right now.

0 people like it sassy:

Post a Comment