Friday, July 31

Help Wanted:

I want a one-stop shop for basic apparel.

I need long but fitted (read: makes my boobs look good but doesn't cling to my stomach) tshirts, henleys, and light, layerable long sleeves.
I also need zip up hoodies that won't shrink and that are warm but not super heavy material.
I'm also looking for jeans that are a light dark wash (read: not acid-was white, not Hollister baby blue shit, not dark denim, but denim that looks like it may have been dark once, but now it's faded to that nice inbetween but not totally faded blue wash), and fit in my hips, flared just more than bootcut but not so much to be "flare," don't drag and fall apart under my hells, and don't become baggy by the end my morning class.
And pockets. Lots of them.

Plain boring basic colors, none of this embelishment stuff and no more mass-produced screen prints. No more comic book heros (I only read webcomics and I'm enough of a dork that I don't need to lie and pretend I really care about Batman any futher than enjoying the movies over and over again), no more bands (particularly 80s) I don't actually listen to (all of the concert tees I've ever gotten are currently being made into a tshirt quilt, short for the Paramore tshirt I got this summer, because it's still amazing.), no more political slogans (I couldn't carry a formal political discussion if I wanted to), no more sarcastic or witty sayings (I have enough of my own, thank you, and I don't need you to read my boobs to get my humor), and no more Harvard/Yale/UNC bullshit; I go to Caz, and if I wanted my tits to advertise for my college every day, I'd wear one of the million free unfitted awesome ones I get every year for being an over achieving joiner. If I wanted it to say one of those colleges, I would have at least applied there. Oh, and one more thing, no more of these "name brands" that just scream "I have no sense of style because I was raised in a suburban mall."

I may not have a stellar style, but at least I know what I want to wear, and it's not something I'm finding anywhere around here. I need a shopping spree in NYC, or better yet, to just get back to Camden Town in London where I fell in love over and over again with everything I saw, but couldn't afford.

Not like I can afford anything now, but I'm just saying, if you know somewhere online even that won't cost me an arm and a leg to update my wardrobe, that'd be fantastic. In other news, I'll be at the Salvy next week, doing a drop off (because I'm too lazy to have garage sales) and hopefully find some gems.

3 people like it sassy:

Anonymous said...

If you find that store, please tell me.

Although - Pac Sun and Wet Seal do have a lot of plain colored tees in various styles (long, short, v neck, crew, etc), usually anywhere from 5-7 bucks that I love. Same thing with Alloy.com and even Victoriassecret.com

Shanna McKay* said...

I will be attending Pac Sun shortly to check out the tshirt selection, cuz I'm in dire need and dirt poor.

Anonymous said...

I thoroughly enjoy Gap's favorite t's. I have a plethera. Usually they come in a deal like 2 long sleeves for 30 bucks or something... But if you sign up for emails, you'll see that they have a great sale every now and then.
Some Gap jeans are not the best. But I really love their boot cuts. Also-- I found a website that has a tutorial on how to fix your old jeans to fit your curvy shape... I want to mess with it sometime.

Post a Comment