Monday, July 6

Regal Troubles

My Buick, all 18 years of her, took a huge shit on me.
On Thursday, when I took my mom's car to get Jake and do all that long-distance driving, Mom called me to ask if my brake light had been on when I was driving it. I said no, and jokingly "did you break my car?"
Well, yeah, kind of.
It wasn't her fault, it was just ironic timing (and thankfully I didn't try to take Miss Delaney to PA, cuz we would have never made it) - my rear brake lines are leaking everywhere and almost completely in half.
They can't be completely replaced without then replacing all of my gas lines due to how rusted they are to each other.
On top of that, the entire underside of my car is rusting out, so even replacing those lines could cause more damage to the carriage of my car.
Firestone told me the repairs would cost me a minimum of $1000, but could be more like $2500. I bought my car for $1000, almost 2 years ago now. It is not worth replacing when it'll cost more than the car itself is worth.

So I took it to an independent mechanic, hoping he can fix the one major broken line, and I can squeeze a few more months out of my car, just to get to and from work. Once I'm back at school, I won't really need my own car for a few months, so investing in one now seems like a waste when what I really need is a new camera.

I'm just mad. I can't get to work without a car. If I don't work, I can't afford another car or repairs. If I don't have a repaired car, I can't get to work to make the money to get the car repaired in the first place. I hate money.

Poor Miss Delaney, may have finally met her match.

0 people like it sassy:

Post a Comment