Tuesday, July 7

The first day of Moving On

My physical outlook needed to reflect the confidence I was fighting my insides about.
I curled my hair as if I was putting on armor.
I did my makeup as a warrior would face paint.
I wrote the letter, I made the call, I spoke with my boss.
And I gave an accidental two week notice, but one under terms I can handle with grace, maturity, and respect.
No more Sears for this kid.

2 people like it sassy:

Anonymous said...

teach me the ways of your beautiful curly hair!

Shanna McKay* said...

honestly, I searched Youtube haha - I used an inch curling iron and instead of using it properly, I wrap sections of my hair around the entire barrel and hold it there for about 10 seconds (my curling iron doesn't get nearly as hot as I need it to.) and then let it go and I get these neat spirals. Then just let them set til they're cool and finger-comb them out a little, give them a little fluff. I can really only do it well on the left side of my head, hopefully you'll have better luck haha

Post a Comment