Tuesday, August 4

As far as internship

...there really isn't much to say. I clocked in another hour today, but it's slow and there isn't much work for me to do at all. Good thing it's winding down and I've covered all my hours, I just don't feel like I'm finished is all.

In other news, I have been ridiculously sick since Friday. During the day, I was feeling extremely stir crazy, so I decided to be quasi-productive. I baked cupcakes and painted a picture. (I'm debating adding some text to it... not sure yet)

That certainly made me feel better until I got unbelievably sick to my stomach later that night (I have a feeling it had something to do with licking a shitton of raw egg batter...) That sick stomach lasted for the next three days, which put a damper on what otherwise would have been one of the best Saturdays of my summer (I'll elaborate in a moment). Saturday night through yesterday until about 4:30 pm, I had a killer migraine and ridiculously sore neck, to the point where I couldn't relax my neck to sleep to try to get rid of the headache. After this entire several day ordeal, I was so weak I was like a zombie most of yesterday. I'm finally feeling better today, and last night was the first in over a week that I slept the whole night through and didn't wake up with a headache. Win! Time to be productive again!

Satuday was the second day of Speidie Fest, the pride and joy of Binghamton. It was techinically the 25th Anniversary Speidie Fest and Balloon Rally -- basically it's a 3 day festival where all we do is eat local deliciousness and listen to either unknown bands or washed up bands (usually), and then watch big hot air balloons take off from the park. You can pay per day (bad idea) or buy a button for $15 that gets you in all 3 days and allows you to go inside the concert areas for "free" (otherwise it's $20 per day). I was planning on going, but had no one to go with, and this was a problem because The Veronicas were opening for Sugar Ray. I have been a Sugar Ray fan from the 90's, and was not about to miss out on this concert. Thankfully, Laur had nothing better to do and drove from Caz to Bing to hang for the day.(the little blonde one's my favorite, she screams a lot.)(and then she took her shirt off.) I treated Laur to speidies, and she ended up getting me autographs of 4/5 band members, because she's just the best. We were in the middle of 13 year olds for the first like hour and a half of the total concert (there were 2 other "openers"), but by the time Sugar Ray came on, we'd fought our way up to the stage fence.(It's cool, you're totally allowed to be jealous.)

It didn't help that by the end of the concert, we both felt really sick from the heat, too much sugar, and not enough water. She got better, sadly I didn't.

I attempted shopping on Sunday with my mom, which was alright for about an hour, but then I was feeling like death again. I got The Time Traveler's Wife because I want to read it before I see the movie; I hear the book is terrific. I also got two pairs of American Rag jeans for a combined $22 (I love sales on the jeans that fit me perfectly), 2 3/4 length henleys from the Gap (thanks to a Mr. Mikazeuwski's friends&family 30% off), and 2 plain tshirts from American Eagle. A few solid staples, much needed, and all quite cheap.

The bright side to not having a job is that you can lay on the couch for hours on end until you feel better, rather than exhausting yourself further with work, and taking weeks to feel 100% again. Today I have errands like mad, and then (crosses all fingers and toes) Kyle will be 99% moved in, and we can finish tomorrow. This apartment has become the bane of my summer.

(edit: for the record, only being allowed to upload 5 pictures at a time, then hand arranging them is bullshit blogger. It took me over an hour to finish this post. Fix it.)

0 people like it sassy:

Post a Comment