Monday, August 10

Discoveries!!

I did a whole mess of cleaning and organizing in preparation for going back to school (holy cow 2 weeks.) -- my room has steadily been taken over by things I need but don't use at home every day, and it needed to be packed up. I am a very particular packer, I do not want help packing my things as I can't stand how other people pack (not saying my way is fantastic or anything, but it's the only way that works for me).

I thusfar have a floor fan, small vacuum, bag of bedding (which includes an eggcarton foamy mattress cover, a fleece blanket, two comforters, a pillow, sheets, a loveseat cover, a Caz sweatshirt-material blanket, two bath towels, and a Snuggie. - see? only I can compact all of that into one bag that was originally meant to hold just one comforter), one camera bag, one pink milk crate of movies and entertainment, one tupperware bucket of misc stuff, and a garbage can. All I have left to pack honestly is stuff I can only pack right before leaving - toiletries, a suitcase of clothes & shoes, and my computer bag. Nice. I like being able to fit my life in my car. It just disgusts me how much stuff I still have sprawled across my desk and other various spots in my room.

I went through all of my camera supplies and gear since freshman year, and I discovered a misplaced flash meant for my Canon that I've been looking for for... two years. I also found the camera connector for my tripod, so I couldn't be more thrilled about that. I officially have three (working) lenses for my medium format camera that I didn't know existed, and more 35 mm black and white film than I know what to do with. Anyone in need? It's not terribly outdated. I do not need it, as I do not have a 35mm camera anymore (it broke after fall semester of my sophomore year and I love medium format so much I've never bothered to get it fixed).

Fantastic little discoveries all day long. My bookshelf is so disheveled and in dire need of reorganizing but I think that's a feat I'll have to tackle another day.
Thankfully the new tower fan I bought is quiet and works amazingly now that I got the proper parts screwed together. Definitely worth the $20.

Yesterday at Michaels I got 5 frames for $4.99 each to finally start work on Kyle's bare walls. Elsie, a blogger I follow because she's just so free and crafty and fun, discovered a tutorial on how to create TTV (through the viewfinder) photographs in photoshop, and the outcome is so fantasic I cannot wait to recreate them for my photo wall masterpiece. I'll probably spend the afternoon messing around with textures. I cannot wait to get back to school to get back to printing.

Honestly? I can't really wait to get back to school at all. I miss my friends and my art necessities being at my fingertips. I'm looking forward to it far more than ever before.

1 people like it sassy:

jillylif said...

everytime I think about school I kind of want to cry.

Post a Comment