Monday, September 14

A Note of Warning

I must preface this update for those of you who read my blog semi-regularly, and were perhaps unaware that it's main purpose was to be an outlet for my information of my internship - to communicate with Anita throughout the summer rather than emails. My next few entries (more than likely back to back as I'm almost completely done with them in Word) will all be the separate "journal essay assignments," each in their own post for convenient unity and understanding. Sorry this won't be terribly sassy per usual, but anyone who reads regularly knows I can't wholly remove myself from anything I write, professional or otherwise.

To begin, here is the breakdown of my intern hours & activities by the date (I didn't feel the need to post these mundane little notes every time I updated, but I did keep a written journal the whole time):
5/17 - "Joe shoot" = 9 hours
5/20 - Data entry = 4 hours
5/21 - Data entry = 3 hours
5/26 - DRUMS verify crop & correct [training] - 4 hours
5/27 - DRUMS verify crop & correct; post office run - 4 hours
5/28 - DMV, paperwork, insurance, DMV; Billing totals for Joe [paperwork], Month-end Billing on FileMaker; post office run - 4 hours
6/1 - Data entry, VC&C [bad day] - 4 hours
6/2 - VC&C; Run work to packager, post office - 5 hours
6/3 - VC&C; number & chronologically organize upcoming jobs; Shipping & Receiving @ UPS - 5 hours
6/4 - VC&C; UPS - 4 hours
6/8 - VC&C; UPS, bank - 4 hours
6/9 - Data entry, VC&C - 4 hours
6/10 - Data entry, UPS - 4 1/2 hours
6/11 - VC&C - 4 hours
6/15 - VC&C; post office; Flamingo duty - 5 1/2 hours
6/16 - VC&C; UPS - 4 hours
6/17 - Data entry, UPS - 5 hours
6/18 - VC&C - 3 hours
6/23 - Data entry, Joe shoot [Bainbridge] - 7 hours
6/24 - Data entry - 3 hours
6/25 - Data entry, UPS - 3 hours
6/29 - Data entry; Packaging material drop off, post office; Retype & rework Cycle Shots, LLC's cover letter - 5 1/2 hours
6/30 - VC&C; Cover letter (50 copies); UPS, Staples for supplies - 5 hours
7/1 - VC&C, Photoshop; Stuff sample envelops for Sales - 3 hours
7/7 - Data entry; UPS - 2 hours
7/9 - Data entry; Sales correspondent emails; VC&C - 4 hours
7/10 - Finished Flamingo - 1/2 hour
7/14 - Data entry; Sales meeting with Jeffery Yoder - 3 hours
7/15 - Sales research - 2 hours
7/20 - Data entry; Staples - 4 hours
7/21 - Customer service calls & emails; Worked out a price & facts list for Yoder - 3 hours
7/23 - Email correspondence & sales, further sales research - 3 hours
8/4 - Data entry, Anniversary Reservation Maker - 2 hours

Altogether - 129 hours
(required: 100-120)
Towards the end of summer, the season became less busy, and needing me every day became few and far between - there just wasn't the work to be done. At the time of school starting up again, the fall season picked up, and I am currently needed once more, and working when in the area.

0 people like it sassy:

Post a Comment