Monday, September 14

Journal Essay Assignment - Question #2

2) How does your internship relate to what you have learned in your classes?

My internship related to my classes in an odd way. I needed my classes as a foundation for my photography as well as my computer knowledge. On the other hand, I found that I relied more on my common sense, as well as things I learned in extra-curriculars. My ability to bullshit and be the most polite, delightful person in a situation of chaos led to the job getting done smoother. Classes are necessary and I don’t mean to knock their value one bit, but when it came to real world situations, no class could teach you to think on your feet (other than debate, which I never had schedule time for…) and the ability to be polite but have a sense of humor about it after the fact. The reality is, not everyone is nice, but in order to get the job taken care of, you are required to be. I am sassy, and I’m well aware of it, but I know when and where it won’t get me anywhere. If classes taught me that, they didn’t mean to.

0 people like it sassy:

Post a Comment