Monday, March 22

Whew

I am so sorry for being MIA - it has been such a chaotic week and I have not had a free moment to catch you all up. I'm going to do this as briefly and to the point as possible, as I know I have a habit of making stories so much longer than necessary.

Where to start though?
Pro Contact meeting with Cindy first thing Monday morning was fantastic - she loves what Sarah and I have done, and can't wait to see it all pulled together for the show (that I'm installing legit a month from today).

Ordered my post cards and business cards right before getting back to school. I can't believe I didn't immediately post an update when they arrived because I was stoked for days after. They shipped 3 days early (thanks VistaPrint). And they're beautiful. I couldn't be happier with them. If you'd like one, you should probably email me your address and I'll send one right out to you! (Shanna.McKay2210 [at] gmail [dot] com)St. Patrick's Day was... other-worldly and a bit of a blur in my memory at this point. Lots of booze but no buzz, hung out with nearly everyone I know in Shove before actually making my way to the bar for all of 10 minutes, and making some new friends. It was just... fun. I can't recall anything too hysterical other than Sarah taking 4.5 minute video of Jill being a belig drunk on the floor of the suite before leaving for the bar. And Hannah, Miss Honors Student USA, putting her temporary "kiss me I'm Irish" tattoo on her chest, upside down.

In other news - I had a photo shoot with a Syracuse King, Lauren, aka Craven More. She's spectacular and performs on a regular basis at TREXX. I knew I wanted to work with some Kings for the project and I couldn't imagine a better King to work with. Beyond thrilled with how excited she was to work with me on the project, and even more thrilled with how the shots turned out. I have to finish Samantha's edits, and then I can move on to Craven's shots. That was Friday.

Saturday was spent in NYC with the art kids - 70 degree sunny weather, no agenda, it was delightful. Got bagels, a purse for Hannah, layed around Central Park in the sunshine, watched Tony contort in the West entrance of the Park, and then found our way to 3 fishbowls of Swamp Water at Brother Jimmy's before NOT getting lost and finding out way back to the bus relatively efficiently. The ride home was hotter than hell, but other than that, the day was a total success.
Sunday found me back in Binghamton for the reshoot with my Bing King, Caitlin aka Blake Christian. The shoot was ridiculously short and gave me everything I was looking for. Sonic and a visit to Starbucks to see Erica later, Jill and I hit the road back to Caz in time to attend an SGA meeting with Prez Tierno. This is a public forum so I'll keep my opinions to myself, but I will say this: I am prepared to riot on behalf of this campus' students.

In other other news - I made a Danny Elfman station on Pandora and it's basically my new favorite homework music because it has a ton of excellent action movie soundtracks and backgrounds on it. It's like classical music but for my modern (movie-oriented) brain.

Time to get back to editing. I have a whole hell of a lot to tackle this week that isn't directly related to any classes other than Capstone.

Love Love Love kiddiepoos ♥

0 people like it sassy:

Post a Comment