Wednesday, March 3

Art Student

This month, the role of Shanna will be played by an art student. I have so many artsty things coming up in March, I couldn't be happier. I'm so tired of the writing busy work, and instead this month is full of photos and trips to NYC and Tim Burton and art galleries and cute knit hats and dark nailpolish and inspiration. I'm going to ignore the fact that I graduate in 2 months and instead enjoy being an actual art student a little longer...

The earrings here are hand made dichro fired in a small kiln and fused to posts, and Art Club is selling them for $5. If anyone that reads this wants to support, let me know what color you'd like and I'll see if I can get a pair to you. I have dark blue/green and black ones, but they're also selling bright green, red, and a goldish looking pair - they're all one of a kind and adorable.
The Juried Student Show opens at 4 today, I can't wait to see if my rings made it. They were the one thing I made in my small metals jewelry class that I was really proud of. I didn't submit any photos this year, which is odd, but we'll see if my other artsy interests can stand alone. I need to make more rings, I have been twitchy and craving working with silver and solder lately. Can't afford it and really don't have the time, but I can't deny the pull I've had to South lately.
I think it's the haircut.

2 people like it sassy:

Gracie-Lou said...

It really is an inspirational month! I am excited for it! <3

Anonymous said...

I would support the Art Club. Dark blue/green please. Thank you. Love you.

Post a Comment