Thursday, December 30

I love Netflix.

As I have nothing better to do while I search jobs and whatnot, I've been watching SKINS on netflix's instant queue. I'm in love with this show. It's like a BBC version of High School Musical that has no singing, no dancing except at clubs, a shitload of teenage drug usage, and genuinely reminds me of being in Britain. I realize that doesn't really sound appealing to most, but I'm rather enjoying it.

In other news, I have a hair appointment to fix this disaster at 3:30 at Nikki Fennmore's salon. I wonder if I should mention to her that I've seen her perform and she's the reason I've even heard of Art of Hair in the first place, or just keep my mouth shut. Mom suggested I ask her for a trade, since my photo skills are generally aimed at her community, but she's not the colorist actually doing my hair, so I have my doubts it's even worth bringing up.

In other other news, if anyone at all has any connections to non profit NYC art & media organizations, I'd love a heads up. I applied to a job that I'm not only qualified for, but genuinely interested in called Our Silent Canvas (<--click for the website). They need an assistant / creative planner, and I fit all of their qualifications and their "these skills are a bonus" - plus I really dig their statement. Anyone who knows anyone, it would be greatly appreciated to throw in a good word for me.  
I'm sending good juju your way in advance.

0 people like it sassy:

Post a Comment