Wednesday, December 8

ZOMG snow.

I shall use the back yard table as a point of measuring reference.
December 1st came, and it started snowing, in a slush sort of drizzly way.
By the 3rd, it was starting to come down and stick a little. 
By the 5th, we had at least 8 inches outside.

6th & 7th, it snowed so bad I had to cancel a dinner date on Monday & a Hanukah party last night at Jill's cousin Sammy's. 

Last night I gave up and shoveled that picnic table in the back. It's glass top and I was getting worried...

Today, I was up at 7 & shoveling by 720. Did a shoddy job, but I had to be on the road at 8, so I just did bare minimum to get my car out of the driveway. 


I then risked puppy life and my vehicle's limbs to get to Rome for the puppy sitter (Jill's sister watched him while I taught for an hour). The roads were horrible until I got to Oneida, where you'd swear it hadn't snowed even 3 inches. Once I was in Utica, late for the class I was supposed to teach at 10, everyone was very understanding as they'd been prepped that I was coming from Syracuse. 
Utica had only wet roads; no snow, no ice, just wet. 
Once back in Chittenango, I was once again steering for our lives.
Upon successfully returning home, I found I had to shovel again in order to even pull into, let alone park, in the driveway. I tried shoveling, but the under-layer of snow had started to melt, and it was heavy as hell. I gave up not even a quarter through it, and broke down to finally call Mark, the kid that mowed the lawn all fall. He has a snowblower. I offered to make him tea. He politely declined, but I couldn't be more thankful that I can finally pull my car back into the driveway safely.

The class I taught was for older folks at the Utica rec center to learn how to turn on their camera, learn the auto settings, set the date/time, and focus properly (press the shoot button halfway, it'll beep, then press all the way! great job! I am not a good teacher.). Turns out I'm much better at talking them through it while I do it, especially since they all had different cameras. One lady took notes, she was cute and reminded me of my Grandma Bowman. She would be befuddled by new technology too. 
I would have loved to show her how to take digital pictures.

0 people like it sassy:

Post a Comment