Saturday, December 11

Christmas Spirit

I am so ahead of the game this year. 
I am 1.5 small gifts short of having all my shopping done this year - I've never been so thankful for online shopping. I was nearly finished by Thanksgiving, and the last of my shopping all had 5-10 day ground shipping, so I'm just playing a waiting game. Everything's ordered, just gotta hope it arrives in time for wrapping. Success. 

This leaves plenty of room to bake. Not usually a task I look forward to because I'm not the best little Suzy Homemaker, but this year, something just feels right about it. 

I don't usually well up with excitement for the holidays. I never get overly festive, nor do I usually look forward to Christmas all that much - getting gifts and all the red & green don't typically do it for me. It's just not my favorite holiday. This year though, I got to do things my way, and I have mixed Hannukah traditions, Christmas music on my own terms, Christmas movies (not just the ABC Family ones), and personal shopping time to really get it right for everyone I care about this year. Felt refreshing.

I'm wondering how much of this "adult-esque" revelation has been the puppy's fault. I know it sounds ridiculous, but he's so much like having a kid, I really feel like I've got my own little family by having him with me all the time now. I want his holiday to be special, even if he doesn't understand why it should be.

In other news, I had Cap'n Crunch for the first time today. Where was this my whole childhood?? I recall thinking I didn't like it, but apparently I've grown out of that. One bowl led to another...

1 people like it sassy:

jillylif said...

you're officially the cutest and I'm sorry capt'n crunch only recently made it into your life. even I like it.

Post a Comment