Tuesday, October 19

This Life

I am charmed, I need to say that first and foremost. 
My NYC trip was amazing. I'll be as brief as possible:
Jill & I left Tuesday morning & we were there much earlier than anticipated. Got great parking and settled into Tony's before he had to leave for class, and he got us on our way to Times Square, where we stood in line at the TCKTS booth for only about an hour altogether. We got ourselves 50% off excellent seat tickets (um row 7 anyone?) for American Idiot, and found a grill for lunch. I was having an anxiety attack about a multitude of things, but my burger settled me. We killed some more time on a beautiful day turning cold, and took a picture before the show. We were the 2nd and 3rd people in line, mainly because we had nothing better to do before the show started.

It was amazing. The energy was excellent, the song mastery was beautiful and hard all at the same time, and then I fell in love this one character's shoes. They were the boots of my dreams. I had a mission from that moment on for the rest of the week to find *those* boots.

After, we grabbed at pizza at John's which was right next door - I hadn't been there since high school. Headed back to Tony's and ultimately called it a night when Michael got out of work. Popped in Hedwig and the Angry Inch and passed out in a cuddle puddle on the pull out couch.

The next morning, Jill and I accompanied Mike to bagels at Ess-A-Bagel for breakfast, and then ventured to his apartment. In between, we had an excellent "faggot moment" where a construction worker yelled at another guy, then saw Mike, and promptly apologized. His apartment is cute & doesn't seem to be in an overly shitty location. His roommate's dog peed on me immediately. I seem to have that effect on dogs. Jill got a whole new wardrobe from Mike, and we made our way to the MoMA when Mike left for work. 



I adore the MoMA. It is thusfar my favorite place on the entire planet (and I've had a fair amount of travel that I can [for now] say that). Yoko Ono had an interactive piece and we caught a movie. All in all, a perfect day in a museum. I couldn't have asked for more (ok, I would have preferred if we were let in with our teas, but I suppose I understand.)

We grabbed Five Guys burgers for dinner and realized it was getting much too cold out, so we headed to Tony's campus, picked up his keys, and let ourselves into the apartment. A movie = nap time until the boys got home, and then the tequila happened. Ok, only to me, everyone else drank slightly less lighter-fluid flavored beverages. We went out to Picantes for their pitcher of margarita (aka pitcher of tequila with thismuch marg mix) & danced & toasted and made merry. I fell on the way home. I still blame the hole I fell in, but Jill would have you believe otherwise. 


Thursday was sleeping off an earned hangover, and I dragged all day with a migraine. Miss Manning joined us for the day, and even though it rained all day, we had success with Mike getting lunch at BlockHeads (mmm Mexican.) &  finding *the boots* of my dreams, right on budget and everything.

Giving up on the rain, and my wicked headache, we found ourselves back at Mike's, and me passed out by 730. Once they woke me up, my migraine had subsided just into a dullroar of a headache. Headed back Uptown, got Tony some juice, Mike a candybar, and Jill some Popeyes. Then we were on our way out to VIG27 for the Meaner Harder Leather burlesque show. I can't say enough good about it, it was such a stellar show. I've never seen such a good show in such a tiny venue. Stunning, for sure. 




Friday was spent getting lunch with Tony at a Halal truck (something I've never done before), and from the one claiming to be the best in the whole city. Can't go wrong there with some chicken and rice. Ohmygosh yum. 

Mike got trapped at work so we couldn't say goodbye, wicked bummer. Jill & I navigated our way home, and I only dropped one harsh curse at the traffic while she was on the phone with her boss....

Now I'm in Manlius, working on my website and optimizing photos and hangin with the pets. 
I have crazyexciting news, but I'm going to hold off on sharing for a bit - stay tuned!

0 people like it sassy:

Post a Comment