Friday, October 1

Accountant

Whew. The last 48 hours have been refreshing. I don't know if it's the neon pink on my freshly pedicured tonenails or all the rain we got yesterday that just makes me feel renewed. Hello October, I've missed you all year. This is hands down my December, my yearly start over, Halloween is my New Years. I always feel refreshed (isn't spring supposed to do that? oh well, I've never been average).

Anyway, yesterday I took the day off because Jer and the baby had doctor appointments and we are going to reschedule the newborn shoot. I enjoyed the rainy afternoon getting a mani/pedi with my mama (first pedi ever... don't really think I'll be needing another one too soon - I just don't like people touching me much... although she did a fabulous job), and finishing up all of my mailing for the recent shoots. 

Today I met with the accountant I've been in contact with, and we talked for almost a full 2 hours; we talked business, where I start, how much my tax % should be / what I should be putting away in savings for tax season, how she thinks I have a good niche product and an unfulfilled market, where to pursue more clientele & shooting locations, how being cute and polite isn't a strong marketing plan but to never take it for granted as a tool, and generally that she thinks I'm doing a-ok. She doesn't think I have any reason to think otherwise. 
This, obviously, makes me nervous.
I love when people believe in my plans, I just get... worried sometimes. Like I'm going to let them down or something.
Worries aside, it was a really good first meeting, and she just told me to keep things in order and get ahold of her closer to tax season, and call whenever I have a question. Sounds like a plan.

In non-biddness related news, my best best best friend got engaged this morning <3 I couldn't be happier and I'll be meeting her and the beau out for drinks this evening to celebrate!!

This weekend is going to be a whirlwind. I needed the few days to myself to sort of gather and steady, but hold on to your hats, there's no stopping me now.

1 people like it sassy:

jillylif said...

gosh, you're cute.

Post a Comment