Wednesday, October 6

Love Letters to my Life

Can I just say - I am exhausted.
Dear Immune System,
I recognize the weather has been touchy and inconsistent, and in general, much chillier as of late, and that the clothes I choose tend to be useless against keeping me warm. I recognize I don't sleep enough. I am also well aware that I am not drinking enough water, but can you please just settle for a vanilla chai or warm cider IV drip instead? I am not feeling 100%, but I don't feel sickly yet, so there's no time to slow down. Please keep up the relatively good work with my poor self-preservation skills and get me through the next few months of tough work.
Sincerely,
Shanna's Acute Sense of Approaching Deadlines.

Dear Headache I've Had On and Off For Three Days Now,
I have work to do that requires my eyes be open, so hurry up and stop making me sooo sensitive to the light. I already want to nap all day as it is, so knock it off.
Thank you kindly,
Shanna's Professional Side.

Dear CV Seniors I Photographed Saturday,
Thank you for being an insanely good looking couple, and a lot of fun to work with. Also, thank you for not trying to haggle my prices or my professionalism. It would be just the best ever if you'd get back to me sooner with your yearbook photo choices so that I don't run out of time to get them to your yearbook editor.
Thanks for being awesome so far,
Cheers,
Shanna McKay Photography.

Dear Vista Print,
Thank you for shipping my order "early!". I'm aware that there is an "I take full responsability for typos" disclaimer before I order, but it would be really cool if you'd just get SpellCheck. I miss being at school where one of my roommates would have caught the typo before I ordered. Thanks for printing my misspelled gift certificates so promptly.
Not so lovingly (even though it's my fault),
Shanna McKay Photography c/o No Second Reader Assistant.

Dear Toby,
You are already so sincerely missed. Such a good fluff, someone upstairs must have needed a good snugglebuddy and just couldn't wait anymore. I appreciate your passing before I was left alone in this country with you, as I wouldn't have known what to do with myself, let alone you. However, I'm completely disheartened that you've left such a wonderful family without an important member. Hope you're happy and pain-free, where ever you are.
Love and belly-rubs,
The House Sitter.

and finally,
Dear Rylee Faith,
Welcome. I'm so happy to finally meet you. You've got all your fingers and toes, and you couldn't have more excited parents if you tried. You've got every opportunity to have an amazing life, with all the love and support you've been born into. I'm sorry we've made this planet, with all of it's eco-destroying disasters and broken governments, into a bit of a 1984 caricature, but I promise that my generation is going to do its best to put it back together for people like you. I hope you grow up to be open minded, smile a lot, and take care of your mommy and daddy. I'll help, as often as I possibly can, to be sure you do.
All my loving Little One,
Cousin (but want to be called something cooler) Shanna.


It's been a crazy week already.
Life just keeps happening.
This is certainly going to be an Autumn for the history books. 

0 people like it sassy:

Post a Comment