Wednesday, February 16

Before 24


To be honest, 23 doesn’t scare me. 24 scares me. 24 just… feels old when you say it. It sounds very “adult” to me, and I’m not entirely sure I’m ready for that still. I think I’ll always just grow older, not up.
1.     Become ordained.
2.     Create a piece of art (or 7) from vintage hat boxes & luggage (as I have quite a growing collection that has little to no use other than “pretty clutter” [side goal: CUT DOWN ON CLUTTER IN MY LIFE!!]
o   Inspiration: 

o   Find a way to bring art back into my life, full time.
3.     Move into my own apartment & decorate it minimalist and from my soul (lots of unique art, less “framed snap shots”)
o   Inspiration: Caroline’s paintings (GET FRAMED!)

4.     Get fit.
o   Take Swazye on regular morning jogs
o   Back to the gym with Casey
o   Attempt a “replacement” lifestyle diet – whole wheat, less carbs, no saturated fats or high fructose sugars that aren’t directly from fruits / nature.
5.     Cook at least one meal every week that I haven’t made before.
6.      Invest in real, non hand-me-down camera equipment.
7.      Start a new, fully-thought out photo project for galleries or magazine submission.
8.      Make a spring/summer roadtrip to 200 East Commercial St, Springfield MO 65803 to meet Elsie and visit the RVA shop.
9.      Be part of something bigger
o   Rallies
o   Non-profits
10.   Perform burlesque at least once.
11.   Revamp personal style
o   Less clothes, more style
o   Invest in pieces of the same tailoring or color scheme so mixing and matching can be done cleanly, and with less closet space.
I was inspired to do this after reading Vixxen Intention's post discussing the Free People's mix and match clothing:
12.   Watch less tv.
13.   Use toy cameras more
o   Find the voice I once had in them again – the uniqueness, the avant guard I fell in love with before.
14.   Work on letting things go as quickly as I used to be able to.
15.   Plan and/or just go to California for little while.
o   Should I fall in love, don’t let anything hold me back from finding a way to stay out there. I mean who knows, I know that I hate wearing socks and places that snow 6-7 months a year. I’ve never been to Cali, and you just never know.
16.   Feel beautiful in my own skin (I suppose this flashes back to #4).
17.   Get good at being alone.
18.   Take longer and longer walks with Swayze, every day.
19.   Take more pictures just for me.
20.   Send more snailmail, both cards and care packages. Facebook is great and all, but I miss my friends from school more and more every day, and I miss the easy exchange of silly things.
21.   Start saving money for future café once I’ve found somewhere I love. [[I don't want to discuss the particulars right now, but I won't always just be a photographer, I want somewhere to call my own someday.]] I do not want to risk opportunity knocking, and not having anything squirreled away in preparation. Luck favors the prepared, after all.
22.    Find where my heart belongs. Debate settling.
23.    Learn how to change my own oil.
 

A little practical mixed in with a little personal.  A few things that require money, and few that are repurposing.  A few that were brought on by inspirational photos, and a few that are inspired by future plans.

What are a few of your goals for the next year? I'd love to hear them in the comments section!

0 people like it sassy:

Post a Comment