Wednesday, May 20

Welcome to Cycle Shots, LLC

Sunday I coded envelopes for 9 hours. So much fun. I love writing numbers all day, while dealing with bitchy women who enjoy talking about the photographers as if we weren't there. Small children screaming, parents who don't know how to control their 6 year olds, and coaches who don't know who's on their own team. I can't imagine a more fun way to spend my weekend. Take the annoying with the sweet I suppose.

Today instead, I spent 8-noon staring at a computer screen doing data entry. I type up the numbers that I, or someone else, coded on the envelopes, then use a number code to determine what the customers ordered, and then add the Trading Card information as necessary. I use the DRUMS program, which does bulk data entry far easier and faster than any program used before; it combines the data entry with the TC info in one program, as well as holds all changes made and stores all of the information within the program, rather than in individual files in the hard drive. It would be "fun" if it wasn't so tedious.

Technically I don't mind data entry, I find it relatively calming. I'm just looking forward to learning the actual job - I am taking in a lot of "how to deal with dbags and still look professional when running your own business" though, which is obviously important, as there are a lot of dbags with money out there. I look forward to taking their money.

1 people like it sassy:

ms. teacakes said...

Sears portrait studio. ugh

I remember having to go through family portraits and children portraits there.

I give you a lot of credit, Shanna, for all the diverse people you deal with. If I can't see you in person, at least I can still be indirectly be a part of your life.

:)

Post a Comment