Tuesday, May 12

Obligatory Intro Post. These are tacky.

I've been a blogger since 2001. I'm not sure if I'm proud of that, embarrassed at my need to display my life for the voyeurs online for so long, or if I've convinced myself yet that I am, in fact, that vain that people actually want to listen to me talk about myself.

Either way, I needed a fresh start, and a good place to send Anita when I post about my internship. So ta'da, eff it, let's get a taco is here.

I am interning for my dad at Cycle Shots, LLC, in Binghamton, NY. It's not as glamorous sounding as some of those NYC internships (which I narrowly missed achieving) but it is where I need to be at this point in my life. I am near friends and family, learning the ropes on how to start and run my own business. All I want by graduating in, oh wow, a year from now, is to be able to walk out of Caz and straight to the Town Hall and establish my own sole proprietorship (or LLC if I happen to come into about $500 is expendable cash). This internship is a big first step.


This blog is mainly an internship update tool, and a way of listing out my summer calendar whenever necessary, as I need at least 3 schedules at any given time to keep myself organized. I have two paper ones currently, so this makes that necessary third.

In other news, this summer holds hopes of my boyfriend moving into his apartment (and therefore "our" apartment), working a regular part time schedule at Sears Portraits in the mall, working part time for Joe (you'll meet him later), and shooting as many potential pin-ups for Capstone as possible; I don't want Capstone to come as a shock out of nowhere after 3 months of not worrying about it.

I'll be updating no less than once a week, so keep an eye out should anything interesting actually happen in small-town Bing (and for those of you who don't know my father, this internship is not going to be a walk in the park *or* boring, so I'd stick around if I were you). I promise a solid dose of sass, sarcasm, and snark with every professional update.

P.S. Internship officially starts this Sunday (the16th)

2 people like it sassy:

jillylif said...

YAY! and I guess you could say that I am interested in following your life, and I do of course...like it sassy.

Justin said...

Excellent first post! You are hereby added to my google reader. :)

Post a Comment