Thursday, May 14

"Apply Today" is a joke.


I called Sears Tuesday about returning to work at the Portrait Studio, and was told a note was left and high hopes and lots of "I've missed you, hurry back"-s. I said I'd try my boss's cellphone Thursday when I had a more comprehensive list of dates I need off for the summer.

Yesterday, I had a lovely visit to Caz, as I just can't seem to stay away and it's always so gorgeous in the summer.

Today, I finished job #1 at 12, and called Julie about working Sears at 12:30. I was told that had I been rehired a week earlier, I would have been laid off (a second time) as of yesterday afternoon. Due to economic budget cuts (and the fact that professional family photography is a luxury right now), she had to cut her staff of 8 (9 with me) to 4. Her hours got grossly cut too, so she can only single-staff the place on weekdays, and only double on Saturdays. Even if I had gotten rehired 9 people is way too many to work the slow summer, so I wouldn't have gotten hours anyway.

I have now come into some unexpected free time, so I'm hoping to book some more models since my schedule has been freed up much more than anticipated. I don't plan on looking for a different summer job now, seeing as how no one is hiring for 3 months, and I don't want a new job post-graduation, so I can't even promise an employer I'd be back on breaks / after school. Julie said when the holidays roll in and she has to hire seasonal, she's not going to hire new people, and instead call up all of us recently laid off. Saves her training time, and we're all pretty good at what we do, and love her so it's worth going back. If I hated my co-workers, there's no way in hell I'd enjoy my job, even one I like as much as photography.

Start the internship officially Sunday.. did I mention that?
In other news, Happy Hour margaritas taste better when they're half off. It would be more convenient if we didn't have to sit at the bar to get them that way.
Love these girls

Roomie*loves
Gracie's just the cutest thing ever.

1 people like it sassy:

Gracie-Lou said...

I'm so glad you have a blog, Shanna! <3 ^.^

Post a Comment