Monday, May 16

Today I Don't Feel Like Doing Anything

I have been living the Bruno Mars song all day thusfar. I haven't had a full day just to myself off since Easter. 

So far I have:
done laundry
the dishes
cleaned the fridge of all spoiled leftovers (a monthly task.)
made myself a cheery Coke to go with my leftover savory garlic cheesecake
& hand washed all of my bras. Ok, not *all* but at least the ones that get regular wear.

To note: If you want your investments to last, [and you do, right?] then never ever simply chuck your bras, specifically lace and padded ones, into the wash with the rest of your laundry. Get yourself some Woolite, scrub your sink first, and then hand wash and hang your lovelies. They'll keep their shape better, won't snag or pill, and, having been a firm believer for a long time in flat out never washing your bras [insert obligatory grossed out face here], it'll stop them from sweat-staining and causing skin irritation.

Directions almost always say to wash in cold water and lay flat to dry, but my system works for me, with a few more detailed steps: 
1) Wash them in warm water separately with the Woolite (I am just convinced the warmer water kills more germs)
2) Then rinse them in very cold water to "save" the fabric, squeezing them out gently
3) Take some serious time reshaping the outter fabric (otherwise it'll dry sort of lumpy and is visible through most shirts) and repuffing/forming the padding
4) Hang over your shower curtain if you don't have an outdoor line (or, in my case, live in a neighborhood where you don't particularly trust leaving your expensive lady garments hanging unattended...) by the center or else the weight of the soaked cups will stretch your straps:
5) Once they're done consistently drip drying (give them at least 2 hours), gently squeeze them again and lay flat to finish drying on some clean towels. If you leave them hanging too long (read: like a whole day), you run the risk of stretching the center and ruining the overall cleavage-creating shape. I like to lay some drier sheets between the towels and bras here and there to give them an extra fresh clean smell as well. 

Mine aren't to the totally dry phase yet, but I've got photos to finish editing and a roomie dinner date to get ready for - Lost Tapatios is my favorite hole in the wall restaurant in town and Casey's never been there! Crazy, so obviously it's a Mexican Monday over here.

In other news, the pets are modest and agile.
Swayze just got a grooming last week. I'm not happy that the groomer didn't listen to what I asked for (simple request: make his body fur short so he's not so hot, but please don't touch his face or head) - and then she did.  We won't be going back there.
And Mildred likes being on shoulders, and only sleeps well on Jill's neck while she lays down.
That's about all from State Street. How's it going in your neighborhood?

0 people like it sassy:

Post a Comment