Saturday, April 17

I need you to know

... how much I love being an artist, because it means you have super talented artistic friends. I get such a proud mama feeling when I see their art get such a wonderful response. The first show was fantastic, although I blame Anita for the poor discretion of layout due to Janice's schedule - a whole room of black and white large format photos doesn't quite garner the awe of today's opening, regardless of how beautiful the photos are. There was a buzz today, created by the art alone, that the audience just ate up. I unfortunately don't have photos from the first show as I was too busy to grab my camera, but if some get posted online soon, I'll happily throw a few on here to give you all an idea of the talented photo work that was on display earlier this week.Locatelli in progress earlier this week
Today's opening was of Caroline Locatelli, of whom I am steadily becoming a growing patron and collector of, Kari O'Mara, Ben Rogers, and Megan King. Ben and Megan did these large scale amazingly bright abstract(ish) paintings, Kari had her black and white (and really unsettling) texture photos, and Locatelli had her tv installations in technicolor.
Megan's horses
My personal fave
Miss Kari O'Mara

Burnett zip tv!
Ben's abstract emotion pieces

Buy their stuff if you have the chance to stop in - it's all decently priced and original work. All student work is a huge investment; we're ready to take off, don't you want to be a part of our rise?

1 people like it sassy:

Caroline said...

I wish I had personally read this post earlier, Shanna..it's lovely!

I love you sooo much! I'm so happy and excited that I've had the chance to share and grow with you! You are such a talented artist and I will continue to buy your books....and remember to pay you.

:)

Post a Comment