Saturday, March 26

Life Happens

I have moved everything but my work clothes, desk, camera gear & dog into the new house. Working nearly every day is both exhausting and feels good in my bank account. 
Then I got sick. 
I've never called into work for being sick (once to Sears for a migraine) & I had to call earlier this week because I came down with a ridiculous head cold. I have since been destroying it with overdoses of Advil Cold & Sinus. The aggravating part of the cold is over, and I'm left with lethargy and a cough. Put a damper on my ladyvisit and the moving process, but I have since picked back up.

The place is nice, we just need to figure out how to reset the heat system and actually settle the pets in. Swayze loves the place already; there's so many low windows and he's allowed to just run in endless circles. There's currently nothing for him to get in to & I don't worry while I put clothes away upstairs. 
And the backyard? Oh my goodness. Introducing him to being off-leash for the first time ever to run free in the backyard the other day was like telling a 5 year old that you're going to Disney World. He was nuts with excitement, and promptly found a dead rat under the porch to play with... which we promptly took away. It's going to be a wicked hassle when it gets muddy out there, but that's a worry for later. 

So until further notice, I'm working, recovering, moving, and feeling unsettled and a little displaced, but that should work itself out before next month.
Gotta christen the new bath tub with red hair dye. 
I also got my new 50mm lens in, and I can't stop thinking about what to shoot with it & playing around. I'm totally smitten and no one is to touch it; I want it to remain perfect for as long as humanly possible. 
How are you all feeling these days?

1 people like it sassy:

jillylif said...

really out of touch with reality and way too in touch with reality.


mostly missing what I want to by my reality.

Post a Comment