Friday, March 4

Just to recap

In February, I:
*Finally finished my 23 Before 24 List
*Got jaded by NYC ventures
*Sold out and got a retail job to make ends meet
*Dyed my hair black [and found out I hate it, but hey at least now we know].
*Attended a bridal expo with my Bestie for her wedding
*Booked an April shoot, my first adventure into Dudoir photography
*Found a house and signed the lease with one of my best friends
*Decided to start my personal and business taxes before I ran out of free time & met a new accountant

For such a short month, I feel rather accomplished.
March is going to fly - I already have most of my work schedule and I have to seriously start packing and saving and generally being an adult. I think I made a mature decision, a healthy one for both myself and my puppy. I think I can handle the idea of a year deadline to figure out what I really want to do with my life. 
Right out of school, I was blinded by what I thought others wanted me to do. I have a year to clear my head, save money, and genuinely enjoy being a little settled on my own for the first time in my life. I think, in retrospect, I was selfishly (and childishly) jumping into the NYC plans without my head on my shoulders or any concept of reality. What I was looking to do there wasn't even what I think my heart would want. 

My heart is content for the first time in years.
It hurts sometimes, but only because it's so full.
I am always aware of my anxiety, but I think it's finally only because I'm so afraid it's all a dream sometimes; that there's just no way one person can be so lucky.

0 people like it sassy:

Post a Comment