Saturday, January 8

Warhold Banana @ The Angry Banana


Well that was sooner than planned, but I did say ASAP I guess....

With my $100 in rolled coins, I went with Jill to get ink today. Not expecting much, in fact expecting nothing because we both figured Saturdays would be booked all up, we drove down to South Main Street in Syracuse to The Angry Banana tattoo shop. They opened at noon, and at 11:45, there was a crowd outside. We shrugged, said why not, and found the sign in sheet. 

Jeff's noon appointment didn't show up, and the rest of the day was walk-ins welcome (as opposed to weekdays, where they'll take a walk in if there's a cancellation, but they're currently booked for the next 2 weeks with appointments) so there were mine & Jill's names, top 2 on the sheet, and he got us going right away. Jill's is excellent, I'll post pictures when I get better ones taken - it's hearts gradually getting bigger up from the top of her foot, wrapping around her ankle, to the back of her calf ending in one big red heart (the rest are all black outlines or black filled in).

That angle on that picture of mine is a little off, making it look a lot longer and skinnier than it really is, and if I put my elbow on the table, the banana is upside down from what it should be, but when I walk with my arm straight down it's right side up, which I decided was more important. I think it's so far my absolute favorite; he got the lining and screen-print feel of it down perfectly. 
So in love, can't wait to take better pictures when it's healed. 

In other news, I thought I had pink eye, but it was a false alarm. Clear Eyes (wow.) did the trick.
Florida on Monday!!

1 people like it sassy:

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love your new tattoo, chica! It's very daring and bold!

:]

Post a Comment