Tuesday, August 21

Looking Forward

I am obsessed with the feeling of fall right now. So much so that I wear long sleeves out the door before realizing it's still 80+ out some days, just because I've been looking at so many fall colors and pictures on Tumblr and re-reading old blog posts. It's my favorite time of year, and my NYC cuties are already planning October trips full of pumpkin patches, midnight graveyard tours in Sleepy Hollow, and scarves. I miss my boots. I miss my tights and leggings. I miss my not worrying about my super pale skin being blinding (I'm a snow leopard. Obviously.). I want to make new memories and new reasons to feel nostalgic for this time.

My friends and I have been having such a rough August that September and fall can't come soon enough. There's a breeze of change blowing over NYC right now, and I feel it in my bones that something great is brewing for my loved ones, even through the pain that August has been putting us all through (distance from our loves, breakups, loss of employment, financial struggle, the list feels never ending as of late).

This week though, 
it feels like things might actually be happening

I have my first ever Passion Party with Miss Lou. Every time she tells someone she's throwing a "sex toy and tea party," they instantly geek out a little; for reference, Miss Lou has always come off as reserved and not one to cuss or discuss intimate topics like sex, and she's definitely not one to go into in depth details about her own sex life. That, however, doesn't mean our Miss Lou is the most pure of pure, and she gets a deviant little smile whenever she confirms the party. I cannot wait to see her guests reactions, as well as their buying intentions, at the party tomorrow. Today, I have to put the finishing touches on my presentation, and get the little surprises for doorprizes taken care of (not to mention, rehearse the games a little more so I don't muddle the directions all up). I really want to get my running around errands taken care of, but UPS is taking their sweet time getting here today, putting a damper on my leaving-the-apartment plans...

I also have an interview on Friday that requires me to look professional and polished, something I haven't had to be in months, if ever really. I am planning on my JCrew blazer that I haven't worn out yet ($8 at Goodwill with tags still attached, score.) and maybe a dress? I doubt it, some black pants will probably bode better in my favor, but of the pairs I own, they seem to have seen better days. And until a paycheck gets into my account, I can't afford to spend any money on new outfit pieces at the moment (man, I can't wait until I can though - new clothes and tattoos for the back to school season, please! I miss when my mom took care of all this 'need new stuff' stuff. Sometimes I hate being an adult). Any good suggestions for pulling a less than polished wardrobe together to fool a future employer into thinking I can dress like that every day, from an otherwise unpolished closet? Once I am making consistent money again, I'd be thrilled to invest in clothes I don't feel shabby wearing.

I also sincerely miss posting photos. I take so many with my phone, but then I'm always too lazy to plug my phone into my computer and download them. I'll try to rehash good old blogging habits sooner than later. In the meantime, you should follow my instagram, as that's where everything goes immediately: Shannamckay !

Here's to hoping something pans out the way I'm hoping for finally. I need all the good juju you've got lying around for me - thank you oh so much in advance.

0 people like it sassy:

Post a Comment