Wednesday, April 2

Try, Make, Do, Finish.

I made so many things today!!!  
I'm so stinkin proud of myself. Photos to follow after I put them in the post because they're all gifts
I finally found things I'm good at making that aren't just photos, and that makes me feel so accomplished. Photos come easy, but making things and DIY have never been my strong suits, no matter how badly I've wanted them to be. Metal stamping gives me so many feels, and I started making water color paintings tattoo flash-sheet style. Never considered myself good at water colors, but taking my time and reminding myself that there's no wrong way to do it helps. 

I've always struggled with craft perfection -- if it didn't look exactly like something Elsie Larson did, I considered it a failure. I start something and never finish it with that sort of mentality. This year, I decided to let myself off the hook, relax a little, it's just a craft. Just make something. Just... do it to do it. It doesn't have to be for anyone else's pleasure. 

Just Make. Start to finish, just Do.
And ultimately, I found some things that give me life again
That's all it took. Just changing my opinion of my own skills. 
Just letting go, and Try, Make, Do, Finish. Sigh, and repeat.

0 people like it sassy:

Post a Comment