Thursday, June 9

Inspiration, finally!


Remember these beauties by the lovely and talented Miss Locatelli? They've sparked excitement and inspiration in me that I've been lacking for months now. 
I am going to bring these girls to life
I have a whole gallery show planned out, and I've set a mid-to-late-Fall deadline so I can shoot all summer and print towards the end, and get a show up in the Fall. I want to juxtapose these paintings (as well as others that I've asked Locatelli to collaborate on with me) with photos of girls with the same animal ears, piercings, and hair styles, set in an environment. I haven't figured out my angle yet, but I'm sure I want them to look like fashion editorials when it's all said and done. I want really controlled lighting and sharp, crispy details (read: I need to invest in new gear that doesn't give me Error99's and lenses that are sharp glass).

I got so excited when I started putting it all together that I just had to call up CAL right away, for if nothing else her approval to move forward with her art as the foundation of my plans. She more than accepted and will be working on more lovely ladies for me to work with for shoots in her spare time. I can't wait to get rolling, I'll be making Craigslist adds sooner than later, and finding models to enlist, as well as hair dressers and a stylist. 

(Laura Blue, if you're reading this, have you been creating clothes? Do you have any you'd be willing to showcase for some photos? I want my girls to all have hard edges compared to their soft features, and I think some of your creations would be absolutely stunning.)

That's the news over this way - it's been either terribly hot or horribly rainy for days upon days. The last First Friday had no cheese, no wine, and frankly very few patrons. I was sad to see where budget cuts had to be made, and it only hurts the artists when people don't linger at their art and consider buying. People need to nosh. I also broke down and installed an AC. Oh! And got a leather coat at the Salvy, ordered some studs, and intend to stud my little heart out on a dock by a lake this Sunday. Keep you posted on that little DIY shortly.

Hope you're all find inspiration in life's every day happenings like me.

0 people like it sassy:

Post a Comment