Monday, April 18

Just Saying Hi

And showing off my new glass.
I'm a busy kid. 
So I'm just stopping in, saying hi, and hoping you have silly things that keep you going when you're at your busiest.
Mine is a Sprite with marachino cherries when I don't want the extra caffeine or booze at night (with a mustache, obv).
Which quickly leads me to this fun story:
I was looking for said cherries, and I yell to Casey where hers are. 
"In the drinking section."
Sound reasonable, so I open the fridge and...
Ok, 3 guesses to where the cherries are. 
If you guessed the section of the door with all the wine and liquor... you'd be wrong.
If you guessed in the main part of the fridge by all of the beer and juices (check the OE 40, it was the housewarming gift from my dad [aces.]), you'd be wrong again.
Finally, if you guessed in the salad drawer in the bottom left where there's a few smuggled away Miller Chills (sneaky sneaky. and I don't share well)... then ok, you can't find them either and I'm not alone.

No no, they're behind the ONE bottle of Disaronno on the fridge door. 
Yes, the tiniest jar behind the biggest liquor bottle. And as it's the only bottle that Casey distinctly calls hers, it is therefore the "drinking section" of the fridge. I thought this was hilarious, so I had to share.
(Just to clarify, the beverages in our fridge fall in the following categories: juices we only use for breakfast not mixers, juices we only use for mixers not breakfast, sodas I take to work, sodas Glenn uses for his booze when he visits, booze that neither of us drink but our friends do, beer her boyfriend brings over, beer I share with her boyfriend, beer I hide in the salad drawer and don't share with anyone, and a jug of juice I bought Jill the week I moved in. Casey has her Disaronno, I have wine, and we like caffeine. The rest... tends to be for visitors. Or, ya know, breakfast. We work too much to be such independent lushes).

Ok, I'm exhausted and I no longer have days off, ever. Bed time for this kid.

0 people like it sassy:

Post a Comment