Tuesday, March 9

Weekend Recap aka I'm A Sleepwalker

Longest weekend of my life!
Saturday's Parade Day was delightful - Katie & I were the first ones (and the only ones for quite some time) at Merlins, so we were showered with beads and beer. I had my first Irish carbomb. Mama Sann picked up the tab for the day. Ran into loads of CV alum & even some Caz kids. Gorgeous weather. Love for Binghamton all around. Ran into and took out a large standing sign at Wendys right by the counter... that's what happens when you've been drinking since noon. Spent the rest of my night hanging out with my Love.

Sunday was day 1 of photo shoots with Miss Vanity Faire. On Rt 13 on my way to pick Jill up from Caz, I got pulled over (shock, right?) -- but due to the beautiful weather, my speeding wasn't ungodly over (69 in a 55 apparently, I thought I was only going about 60 so I guess I just lost track), and being heckled by the fire department I was pulled over in front of, she let me off with a warning. "It's a beautiful day, I don't feel like doing paperwork, so as long as this car isn't stolen and you don't have any outstanding warrants or expired paperwork, I'll let you go if you slow it down." Yes ma'm, you've got it ma'm.

Got in Rochester an hour early (actually shocking!) so sandwiches, chai, motorcycles, the ugliest dog ever, and one "vicious" reindeer chihuahua later, we were ready to shoot. Of course nothing worked right at first, but as the day went on, more and more gorgeous shots came up. She even braved the chilly evening to shoot on location at The Village Gate among gorgeous artwork. I felt like I was home.

Spent the night with Hannah & Ashley, had a really ridiculous adventure in WalMart, and slept like hell. Also, last minutely found out that my Monday shoot canceled on me. I was livid & panicked, but Jill brought me back to reality and told me to simply ask Vanity if she had friends that would be interested in filling the shoot time. Low and behold, she did! Space filled, panic subsides, and Monday, Jill and I found our way to Rochester again and met the vivacious Samantha Sulay. Shot by the waterfront, made friends with a sketchy biker, played with her chihuahua (yes, my weekend was full of chihuahuas and motorcycles...), and ended up with a whole set of amazing shots all over again. I couldn't have been more thrilled for her flexibility and willingness to help on such short notice.

All the Rochester queens want to carpool for the gallery opening - stoked. It's going to be a riot in Cazenovia I can't wait.

After the longest drive home ever, I got a good night's sleep [finally] and today is once again beautiful. Kyle washed my car & then we went for a walk in the park. It was delightful. Now I'm catching up my to-do list of homework, finalizing edits on Jordan's last shoot, Lightroom'ing Vanity & Samantha's, prepping for tomorrow's shoot, and burning a lifetime supply of cds for all the past shoots to mail & deliver throughout this week.
Busy day, my favorite kind.

3 people like it sassy:

Gracie-Lou said...

"my weekend was full of chihuahuas and motorcycles..." LOVE IT.

Anonymous said...

OMG I GOT PULLED OVER FOR SPEEDING SATURDAY!

82 in a 65... ticket for 75 in a 65... funny story.

Caroline said...

I hope they do all come to the opening and reception! It'll be great!

:D

Post a Comment